Sunday 14 April 2013

Designer Brunch - Snapdragon

Morning! Another lazy Sunday has arrived and sadly the last one of the Easter hols. At least we have some bank holiday weekends to look forward to next month and I'm sure the summer holidays will arrive quicker than we think.  Today I am excited to share another new blog series, Designer Brunch.  This new series has been one of those ideas that I have spent sometime pondering and have finally got it started! Designer Brunch is a short interview with fabulous British designer makers, getting them to share their perfect Sunday morning with you.  So let's get started and meet our first designer for brunch. A very warm welcome to Jane from Snapdragon.


Jane is a very inspiring lady, working in the beautiful Scottish location of Loch Lomond, designing and making a fantastic selection of gifts and homewares.  Having retrained in Horticulture and selling the flowers she grew on her land, but as a savvy business lady realised the seasons limited her business, so added machine embroidery to her skills. Her business, Snapdragon, soon grew and she now employs a team of talented ladies and her business has grown so much that this month saw the start of building work to extend the Snapdragon workshop.  This is definitely an exciting year for Snapdragon as Jane has also recently launched her new website, where you can register to gain access to the members area.  This special part of the website has tutorials and printables, the latest being a fab paper doll, which my daughters love.  Jane also keeps her blog up to date and her weekly newsletters are always a treat to find in my inbox.  



I met Jane via twitter and am pleased to say I have since met her in real life.  She is a lovely lady and I am thrilled that she agreed to be part of Designer Brunch today. So let's now find out about Janes perfect Sunday morning.

Best drink to start the day?
A large pot of coffee - strong and black

Croissants or full English? ( or Scottish of course!)
I love to start every day with porridge - salty with cream- it really sets me up for the day. But on Sundays, if they are laying, I might have a couple of boiled eggs from our hens instead.

Sunday papers or favourite magazines?
Sunday mornings with the paper are very special- in fact the weekend papers tend to last all week.


Favourite blogs to read at the weekend?
I love blogs which show off people's obsessions and journeys - at the moment I am enjoying http://www.gonewiththewynns.com the tale of a mega campervan trip and Donnie Mackay's beautiful photo blog of Skye http://hebphoto.blogspot.co.uk/ somewhere we intend to visit this year.

Sunday morning playlist - 3 songs for Sunday brunch?
(At the moment) Edie Brickell Long Lost Friend for dancing round the kitchen
Mary Chapin Carpenter Why Walk when you can Fly as its kind of the family anthem
Victoria Vox &Pat Macdonald Out on the Rails - a recent discovery & love

Favourite local shop or market for weekend shopping?
When I get the chance I love to go into the West End of Glasgow and buy cheese at Ian Mellis cheese shop. 

Find out more about Jane and Snapdragon and to see more products visit -
Not On The High Street : www.notonthehighstreet/snapdragon

Thank you Jane, I hope you are enjoying your Sunday morning today.  The Sunday papers last all week in our house too and I love that my older children now sit and read them too.  

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday,
Zoe
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts about topics and ideas in my posts, so thank you for taking the time to write a reply.