Sunday 21 April 2013

Designer Brunch - Dots & Spots

Morning! I hope you are all having a lovely weekend and getting to enjoy some sunshine.  After a long winter I really do believe Spring has finally arrived and the promise of warmer, sunny days is very uplifiting.  Perhaps you are planning a family brunch or lunch in the garden today or a lovely walk on the beach or across the fields. Today I am very pleased to share this weeks Designer Brunch post with you all and thrilled to welcome Becky of Dots & Spots as my guest.

Dots and Spots Studio

Becky is a very talented greetings card and giftware designer whose designs are always colourful and cheery.   As her business name, Dots and Spots suggests, she uses these in all of her designs.  Creating collages with spotty papers Becky then uses her designs for cards, notebooks, magnets, giftwrap, mugs, decorative tape and more.  Having launched her business as a part time venture whilst still working as a primary teacher she has allowed her business to grow steadily.  After working from home initially Becky had to move to dedicated premises as trade orders flooded in aswell as orders from retail customers, via her website and Not On The High Street storefront.  Before long Becky left her teaching job and now focuses full time on Dots and Spots. This year has seen Becky expand into the party business with spotty party bags, invitations, spotty balloons, and party bag packs.  I always love to read her blog and hear about her new designs aswell as her life in the pretty county of Somerset.

I met Becky via twitter and have since met her in real life.  She really is a lovely lady and I am delighted that she has joined me for todays post.  So I shall now let Becky share her perfect Sunday morning with you.  


Best drink to start the day?
Black coffee every time!
Croissants or full English?
Warm Croissants with rhubarb jam
Sunday papers or favourite magazines?
Favourite magazines Country Homes and Interiors, Country Living, Homemaker

Favourite blogs to read at the weekend?
I follow 100's and 100's - so catch up daily with Google reader. I'm too visual and scan images rather than read great chunks of text.
Sunday morning playlist - 3 songs for Sunday brunch?
The Corinne Bailey Rae CD on repeat for a chilled out Sunday brunch
Favourite local shop or market for weekend shopping?
Wells Market, Somerset although the Wednesday Market is best for food - fab breads, fresh meat and fish, artisan bakers, home grown fruit and veg, delicious jams and chutneys and sweet treat yummy fudge.

Find out more about Becky and Dots and Spots and to see more products visit -
Not On The High Street : www.notonthehighstreet.com/dotsandspots

Thank you Becky, I hope you are enjoying a late breakfast in the garden. Corrine Bailey Rae is a favourite choice for Sunday mornings in my house too, well when I get to the docking station first!

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday,
Zoe
x



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts about topics and ideas in my posts, so thank you for taking the time to write a reply.