Wednesday 6 March 2013

Mother's Day - Hand-Tied Bouquets

Morning! I hope you are all well and having a good week.  It's been lovely to see some sunshine these past few days and it has really felt like Spring is about to make an appearance.  Driving home from uni through the country lanes, the acres of brown muddy fields are looking alot healthier as shades of green are sprouting through the cracks. Daffodils are starting to appear in our garden too, little rays of sunshine to brighten a murky end of winter morning.  Yesterday Lucy arrived home from Guides with a beautiful hand tied bouquet for me as an early Mother's Day present, with daffodils and sprigs of greenery.  A local florist had taught the girls to make these little bouquets which are a beautiful gift.  So I thought today I would find some inspiration and helpful tutorials for you to create your own hand-tied bouquets for Mother's Day or for Easter or birthday gifts for family and friends.  

How to make a French hand-tied bouquet from Frolic!

How to make a bouquet from Valley & Co. Weddings

I love tulips and this simple idea of tying ribbon around the stems looks amazing.

Big daisies are my all time favourites. So simple and brighten the gloomiest of days. I love how these have been mixed with smaller flowers of the same colour.  Wrapped in some yellow tissue paper they would be a beautiful gift.

A great idea from Martha Stewart

This is a great idea from Saved by the Southern Belle,  pop a hyacinth into a cool tin. It would look great on the kitchen windowsill.


Fresh flowers really do make a fabulous gift and will make even a stressed mother or hostess smile.  I  hope you all have a wonderful day on Sunday.

Zoe
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts about topics and ideas in my posts, so thank you for taking the time to write a reply.