Thursday 17 January 2013

Liberty Prints - Classroom


Morning! I hope you're all well and the freezing conditions here in the UK aren't causing too much havoc for you.  Yesterday an email from Liberty landed in my inbox full of gorgeous new prints being added to their tana lawn fabric collections.  This really was a floral delight on a very cold morning.  Whilst indulging in a good old browse of the new designs it was the Classroom collection that especially caught my eye.  What adds to the fabulousness of these designs is that Liberty asked children in London high schools to create designs for this collection which they then had the Liberty Art Fabrics Design Studio workout the pattern repeats.


 I know I have always doodled little floral ideas, even as a child and I have reguarly seen Lucy and Amber doodling little flowers whilst Kitty has painted some great floral displays in recent months.  A simple daisy, rambling roses on castle turrets, imaginery flowers with varying numbers of petals, I am sure we have all doodled these at some point.  The Classroom collection seems to have let different high school pupils take their doodles to the next level, creating beautiful artwork in an array of colour palettes.


Floral designs have become the iconic style of Liberty prints and by allowing young designers the chance to add to their design library is inspiring.  Maybe some of our own doodles are needed to be reclaimed from the waste paper basket, who knows what they would look like when pattern repeats are worked out?



Have a lovely day,
Zoe
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts about topics and ideas in my posts, so thank you for taking the time to write a reply.